Total Pageviews

Monday 17 June 2024

Welcome to my new site

Steve Cornforth Consultancy

Housing Law, Practice and Procedure and Costs

About me - I was a practicing solicitor from 1980 - 2017. I was Senior Partner of an established Liverpool firm. In 2017 I set up the Steve Cornforth Consultancy. I now provide training and consultancy to lawyers, mainly in housing cases but also in procedure and costs. From July 2024 I am officially a former solicitor! I may be out of practice but am as busy as ever.



What was once, and still is, my blog page is now the main web page for the Steve Cornforth Consultancy

This is where I will be posting news about new events, updates and of course still ranting after all these years!



Housing Conditions and the Courts

Webinar by ZOOM

Tuesday 25th June 2024 12.00 – 13.30

 

£90 per firm with no limit on numbers


I am seeing an increasing number of cases where it is becoming necessary to issue proceedings. In this session we will look at practice and procedure around issuing proceedings including reviewing pleadings and replies, Defaulting defendants, DQs, Appealing directions orders etc


Issuing proceedings – which court, Claim Form essentials, fees

Pleadings – POC essentials, Drafting POCs, Reviewing and responding to Defence,

Replies - when and how

DQs – effective completion, allocation orders, preparing for allocation hearing and appeals

Time limits – Denton and other dangers

Costs



No comments:

Post a Comment